Updated on July 22nd, 2021 at 04:27 pm
Whether you go for a camping or a trekking trip or do any other outdoor activity that you are interested in, it wears your body.
So, when it comes to taking a breather, rather than resting your exhausted body on a rock or log, you can treat yourself by resting on a comfortable backpack chair. This little piece of luxury will give you a relaxing feel, sitting and enjoying the scenery around you.
Hence, we have come up with a list of the best backpack chairs on which you can cherish a comfy experience in between your rough outdoor excursion.
- The Best Backpacking Chairs
- Buyer’s Guide
- Winding Up
The Best Backpacking Chairs
Helinox Chair One Original Camping Chair
Best Backpacking Chair For Big Guys
Big guys usually find it difficult to find a suitable chair for them. Well, that’s not the case anymore because this Helinox Chair One Original Chair is a good option.
- The chair is a lightweight structure weighing just 2.1 pounds and still handles a weight limit up to 320 pounds.
- What makes this more comfortable for big guys is its seat height of 14.5”.
- The manufacturers make the use of advanced proprietary aluminum alloy to construct the frame of the chair. This makes the chair lightweight and strong too.
- The material of this chair is also durable. There is the use of 600-weave rip-stop polyester which makes the removable seat and zippered carry case long-lasting.
- The fabric is machine washable and UV-resistant too.
- Setting up this chair is very fast and easy, thanks to the single internal bungee cord.
- The product comes with 5 years of manufacturer’s warranty.
So, if you are looking for a big comfortable chair which you can carry in your backpack, this Helinox will serve you well.
- Good weight capacity of 320 pounds.
- Lightweight chair, weighing only 2.1 pounds.
- Nice seat height makes it a good option for big guys.
- Comes with 5 years warranty.
- Use of 600-weave rip-stop polyester.
- Sturdy aluminum alloy frame.
- A bit higher priced than similar models.
ALPS Mountaineering Rendezvous Elite Folding Camp Chair
Best packing Chair With Arms
If you want a chair that can give you the feel of ultimate relaxation while enjoying the nature around you, then this ALPS chair is a worthy candidate.
- The thing that I liked the most about this chair is its comfort. This folding chair offers a perfect sitting angle. You can simply put your legs up and lean back comfortably.
- The rubber armrests add more to comfort. You just have to lean back, lay your arms on the armrests and get peace of mind while stargazing.
- There is a nylon mesh on the entire seat which facilitates ventilation so that you don’t get all sweaty.
- The durability of the chair is top-notch, thanks to the powder-coated aluminum and steel hybrid frame.
- As this is a lightweight chair, you can simply carry it around anywhere you want.
This ALPS mountaineering chair is all about offering comfort without adding much to the overall weight of the chair.
- Folding nature of this chair makes it very comfortable.
- Mesh fabric facilitates good airflow.
- Easy to use.
- Rubber armrests for additional comfort.
- Includes a carry bag.
- Not amongst the lightest backpacking chairs available out there.
TravelChair Slacker Chair
Best Budget Backpacking Chair
This TravelChair Slacker Chair is a unique one in our whole list. It is an attractive option for beginner adventurers as it is a budget-friendly chair. But, Just because its cost is low, doesn’t mean its quality is not good. Let’s see what this chair has got:
- The company manages to keep the cost of this chair low by keeping its dimensions small.
- Small dimension is one of the positive features of this chair as you can place this chair only on three legs. This means it will take up less room, will be easier to operate, and convenient to carry around.
- The chair looks like a tripod stand and offers on-the-go seating in any outdoor situation.
- The company makes no compromise with the quality of the chair. There is the use of nailhead rip-stop polyester fabric.
- The powder-coated steel makes the chair more sturdy and long-lasting.
- It is a lightweight option that you can carry around easily using the adjustable carry and closure strap.
When it comes to a chair that can offer quality with good weight capacity at an affordable price, then the TravelChair Slacker Chair is a nice choice.
- Durable steel frame.
- Easy to carry around.
- Takes up less space.
- Use of military-grade material.
- Not much stables as other chairs on our list.
- A bit less comfortable.
MOON LENCE Outdoor Ultra-Portable Folding Chair
Best Backpacking Chair Under 100
The MOON LENCE chair is a good choice as a portable chair on which you can save some bucks. The chair offers a whole lot of necessary features which makes this chair one of my favorites.
- It is a highly durable chair in which there is the use of 500D Oxford cloth. Additionally, the manufacturers make the use of highly durable aluminum allow frame which keeps the weight of the chair low at just 2 pounds.
- Even though the chair is light in weight, it can still hold a weight of up to 242 pounds.
- For providing a relaxing feel, the chair comes with a unique and ergonomic seat design. The soft and breathable seat adds more to the comfort level.
- For putting your essentials, there are two integrated storage pockets on sides of the chair.
- You can simply disassemble and fold the mesh as well as the holders into small pieces. This makes the chair fit into the carry bag easily and compact enough to take it anywhere you want.
It is a versatile chair which will be of great use for backpackers, hikers, campers, adventurers, and anyone else who wants comfort without any bulk.
- Strong cloth material.
- Comforting design.
- Comes with storage pockets.
- A bit more holding capacity would be much better.
Trekology YIZI GO Portable Camping Chair
Best backpacking Chair Under 200
This Trekology chair is one of those that can provide good value for money, is well-built, and compact too. It is an amazing chair that you can take with you on your backpacking trip as it is portable and easy to fit.
- The chair weighs just 2 pounds. So, forget about bulky chairs and carry this chair around with you on all your outdoor trips.
- It is a chair full of strength as manufacturers use high strength aluminum alloys to make this chair.
- The lightweight frame offers sturdy support. It offers a superb weight capacity of up to 300 pounds.
- The quality of the fabric is also amazing. The company put-in engineering-grade 600D polyester seat fabric in this chair. What makes it more durable and flexible is the double reinforced V stitch.
- Using the single piece lightweight aluminum pole system, you can easily pop this chair open. After that, just attach the fabric and you are good to go.
- The design is pretty comfortable providing superior lower back support.
- For a more comforting experience in a warm and humid climate, the chair has got side mesh panels. These panels increase the airflow to keep you cool.
- To store some small items, the chair comes with a durable 600D storage bag. This bag can simply attach to the seat’s mainframe and offer you storage space underneath the seat.
A plethora of great features at such an affordable price is what makes this Trekology chair unique from its competitors.
- Light in weight.
- Use of high-end material.
- Side mesh panels for better airflow.
- Storage pocket for convenience.
- Comforting design.
- Highly-durable frame.
- Some customers complained that the chair doesn’t hold that much weight as claimed by the company.
- Customers complain that the chair breaks after a little use.
Sportneer Camping Backpacking Chairs
Best Backpacking Chair Under 300
These Sportneer chairs are a great value for the money option. It is because you will get a pair of 2 chairs which are even less in cost than many other single chairs available in the market. Even though the cost of the chair is less, it still manages to provide several nice features.
- The frame makes the chair stable and durable as there is the use of heavy-duty aluminum.
- The portability feature of the chair is simply great. You can simply fold the chair into small pieces and put it into the carry bag. After that also, it will still weigh just 2 lbs.
- You will face no hassle in setting up this chair as it comes with an aluminum shock-cord pole structure.
- It is a low-positioned chair with a chair height of 13.8” and back height of 26”.
- The most interesting thing about it is that it has a robust weight capacity of up to 350 lbs.
So, anyone who is looking for a pair of chairs, you can go for these heavy-duty lightweight backpacking chairs.
- Great value for the money as the package comes as a pack of 2 chairs.
- Ease in setting up the chair.
- Portable, compact, and light in weight.
- Robust weight capacity.
- Comes with a carry bag.
- Heavy-duty frame and fabric.
- Low chair height makes it difficult for people to get up from the chair.
- The weight capacity is not up to the mark as complained by some users.
Looking for more Outdoor furniture? Check out these articles
- Soft camping cooler
- Heater for tents
- Battery powered lantern
- Folding camping table
- Chair with a canopy
- Rechargeable lanterns
- Heavy duty chairs
- Chairs for the beach
How To Choose The Best Backpacking Chair?
After going through a variety of backpacking chairs available in the market, it can be a bit confusing to decide which one is right for you. That’s why we are here to help you out through our buyer’s guide, so you can make a rational choice.
Factors To Consider While Choosing A Backpacking Chair
The main factor that limits you from taking your backpacking chair anywhere is the weight of the chair. If the weight is too much, then it would be difficult for you to carry it around. The benefit of backpacking chair is that most of them are light in weight and portable too. Hence, you can take the chair wherever you want, whether it is a demanding hill climb, or a campsite in a dense forest, or when you are walking down the trail.
Most of the backpacking chairs are multipurpose in nature. It provides you comfort on most of your outdoor expeditions. All you have to do is unfold the chair and assemble it. That’s it, you are good to go.
Backpacking chairs are all about portability. If the chair is not portable enough, then it will be a difficult task to carry it around. Not enough portability will make the chai similar to any other ordinary chair. So, when it comes to portability, there are mainly two points that you should keep in mind, i.e., weight and compactness. Compactness mainly depends on the folded size of the chair. If your chair will be compact and lightweight, then you can take it anywhere you want. Most of the compact backpacking chairs’ weight varies between 1 to 5 pounds. Even the heaviest backpacking chairs are portable than any other ordinary chair.
The more folding capacity your chair will have; the smaller and compact it will become. The folding backpacking chairs usually come with a carry bag to store the chair. In such a form, it becomes easier for you to carry the chair inside your large backpack conveniently.
Ease of Setup
Usually, big camping chairs take time to set up, but this is not the case with backpacking chairs. These chairs come with a simple design and take less time to set up as well as to disassemble. Generally, the backpack chairs come with a two-part design. All you have to do is to attach the seat are with the leg part of the chair and you are good to go. Some backpacking chairs structure may be a bit difficult to assemble, but still, they don’t take much time to assemble in comparison to various other outdoor chairs.
We carry a chair in our backpack with the main purpose of comfort. If the chair doesn’t give you a relaxing feel, then it is useless to carry the burden of a chair on your outdoor adventure.
The main factors that relate to the comfort that a chair provides are:
- Depth and seat width of the chair.
- Height of the chair.
- Weight capacity.
- Mesh fabric.
- Padding over the chair.
Height of the chair is a vital factor when you are a tall person. It is because you will experience pain in your legs if you are using a low-profile chair.
For those people who have a bigger build body, the seat width, depth, and weight capacity are critical factors.
During a warm and humid climate, the chair having mesh fabric will be helpful. It is because the chair will have extra ventilation which will result in providing you with more comfort.
Additionally, the padding on the armrests as well as on seat and back offers you a better relaxing experience.
We have already discussed the primary factors that you should always look into while buying a backpacking chair. It will be better if your chair offers you some additional features too along with the basic ones.
Water-resistance can be one of the extra features which will help you use the chair during rain or on the beach too.
If your chair will have storage pockets, then it will become convenient for you to keep your things safe. The pocket will be useful in holding your small essential items, like smartphones, small gear, water bottle, etc.
You can go for an ordinary fabric, or you can choose a rip-stop fabric for protection against wear and tear. Additionally, corrosion-resistant material will make your chair more durable and long-lasting.
Types Of Backpacking Chairs
The main points of difference between various types of backpacking chairs are the way they fold, their weight, and how much weight does the chair supports. So let’s discuss briefly, different types of backpacking chairs. It will give you a clear picture regarding which chair will be suitable for you.
The most common backpacking chairs that you will find in the market are foldable chairs. As the name suggests, you can disassemble these chairs by simply folding them. These chairs are comfortable as they support most of your back. They even allow your legs to stretch and relax comfortably. Some variants even come with armrests for additional comfort. These chairs have got seating fabric which stretches over the metal poles. These poles snap together making the folding mechanism to work. These chairs are compact in nature and don’t take up much room.
The rollable chairs do not have any detachable parts. These chairs come with an entire seating area and nothing else. To use it as a chair, you just have to fold it in half and roll it. No carry bag is necessary for such chairs. These chairs will have a single feature and that’s to support your back. They fold in half making a 90-degree angle and usually don’t have any other reclamation option. So, these chairs are mainly popular because of their compact size and ease of use.
It is one of the most lightweight options when it comes to backpacking chairs. These chairs are famous due to their portability. They are short in size in comparison to usual backpacking chairs. Other than this, you can fold them more comfortably, and there is no requirement of a carry bag to store them. The only drawback of stools is that they are less comfortable than other types of backpacking chairs. It is because they do not have any backrest. This means you can mainly use stools for short interval resting sessions in between your long adventurous expedition.
These chairs are similar to the foldable chairs that we discussed earlier. The main aim behind creating these chairs is maximum portability. If we compare it with the rollable chairs and stools, then it is more comfortable. But, the traditional chairs are a bit more comfortable than the ultra-lightweight chairs. The ultra-lightweight chairs are compact in size and design. These chairs have limited features to keep the weight as low as possible. If you want a chair with high portability and decent comfort, you can go with this type of backpacking chair.
So finally, we have discussed our top picks for the best backpacking chair and also threw some light on the major factors to consider while picking a backpacking chair. We hope that we have managed to help you out in making an informed choice through this article.
From our point of view, the prime features of a backpacking chair are the compact size, comfort, durability, and portability and that too at an affordable price. And ALPS Mountaineering Rendezvous Elite Folding Camp Chair is a perfect example which contains all these features. The chair is lightweight and built with a durable frame. The folding feature adds to the compactness and portability of the chair. It offers great comfort using its unique design, armrests, and a mesh seat. All in all, it is a great chair while stands to last long and that’s why we consider this chair as the best backpacking chair.