Are you concerned about your boy? Perhaps he wants to join the boy scouts after his exams, and there, he has to sleep in tents.
You want to select the best tent for him, and therefore, you’re here reading this article. I’ve chosen the five best tents for boy scouts. I’m sure this will help you to purchase the ideal tent for him.
- Best Tents for Boy Scouts
Best Tents for Boy Scouts
Coleman Sundome Two-Person Tent
Coleman Sundome, a two-person boy scout tent, is in demand because of its beautiful design and large space. It is lightweight and reliable. Its dome shape will help to protect you from the sun.
- Its weight is 7.3 pounds
- Color: Green
- Room space is 35 feet
- Made of polyester Taffeta
- Is portable
- Fiberglass poles
- 122 cm height
- 5 cm width
It is the most in-demand tent during the summer season; this tent has a huge space so you can fit all your goods in it. It contains a protective flysheet with a 600mm hydrostatic head to protect you from bad weather.
- Coleman Sundome tent is portable and lightweight so that the boy scouts can take it anywhere during their training.
- It has a simple setup, and you can arrange it within only 10 minutes.
- It has a large net window on the back of the tent that provides you adequate ventilation.
- Coleman Sundome is best known for seasonal adjustability. It is adjustable for storms, wind, rain, and summer. It contains a vast space, and two persons can easily sleep here. Additionally, it can easily accommodate a full-size mattress.
- The inner groundsheet is comfortable and bug-free, and the whole tent is fire retardant.
- It contains three pockets inside for storage of things and a zip opening where you can take a wire inside to operate your laptops, music, etc.
- After enjoying your trip, you have to pack everything, but it isn’t easy to pack up this tent.
- Its poles are not that durable as they are made of fiberglass, so they can break easily. Aluminum poles are long-lasting.
Stansport Scout Tent
If you are searching for an easy-to-set-up boy scouts tent, Stansport Boy Scouts Tent fits the bill. It is durable and designed in triangular shapes with multi-colors.
- Poles made of aluminum
- Its weight is 3.8 pounds
- Central height of 36 inches
- 29 sq. ft. floor space
- It includes two poles, ropes, and a carry bag
- Flame retardant
Stansport Boy Scouts Tent has a backpack. If you are going hiking, you can easily carry it, and I recommend you to buy this because it has illuminating ropes that can help you see them at night. Once, I fell because of the ropes of my tent but thanks to Stansport for this new change.
- The poles of the tent are flexible and durable as they are not made of fiberglass.
- It is so spacious that two people can fit in it easily.
- The tent is made of polyurethane nylon, and the inner surface is of polyethylene and is therefore durable.
- It contains a mosquito lining so you can sleep easily without worrying about mosquito bites.
- The tent has waterproof material to protect you from rain.
- Setting it up is relatively easy; you’ll need only five minutes to do so.
- It is CPAI-84 flame-resistant, so your tents could not catch the flame of your bonfire.
- Regarding durability, this tent is rainproof and can withstand windy conditions.
- This tent can not control heavy rain as it is not that waterproof.
- It is not durable as compared to others.
- This tent doesn’t have a proper ventilation system.
Coleman Cabin Tent
You may be confused because there are so many brands of tents on the market. Some of them are of low price, and some are of good quality, but Coleman Cabin Tent is not only durable but also affordable.
- Four-person accommodation
- Weight 18 pounds
- 150D polyester fabric
- Pop up tent
- Center height is 4 feet
- Dimension 8 x 7 feet
- Illuminating ropes
I recommend you this cabin tent because of its pop-up style. Just remove the tent from the bag; the tent fabric will be pre-attached to the poles. Extend the poles’ legs, and the silver pin should be located in the hole of the pole; repeat this for the whole four legs. Insert all the four corners inside the ground.
- It is effortless to assemble; in just 60 seconds, you can set this tent.
- It is awesome and not that costly.
- This tent is waterproof with taped seams.
- The tent is comfortable; four persons can easily be in it and still leave some space behind.
- As far as reliability is concerned, you will never face disappointment after purchasing it.
- It has strong poles made of aluminum pre-inserted in the tent.
- As this tent has already inserted poles, it becomes heavy when packing it
- The ventilation system may not be adequate for all conditions and people, so be careful.
- There is a zip attached to open and close the door on the door side, but the zip may break as it is not that durable.
Zenph Pop Up Tent
In this world of hurry, everyone wants something which can save their time. Zenph Boy Scouts Tent is a time-saver tent for you. It is durable and has a straightforward setup.
- Its weight is 6.75 pounds
- Dimension: 102 x 62 x 43 inches
- Its central height is 43.30 inches
- Built for 2 to 3 persons
- For three seasons
- Free-standing tent
- Also available for 4, 5, and 6 persons
This boy scouts tent can be called a throw tent or automatic tent. I was looking for a tent that could save my time because I just wanted to get out to camp and not waste time setting up a tent. During my search, I found this unique product.
- Some tents become so heavy when pack up but not this tent as its poles are lightweight.
- I just can’t go for any other pop up tent now because it is durable and affordable.
- Its performance is quick and efficient.
- This tent is very easy to arrange and just like magic; just throw the tent in the air, and it would be ready for you.
- Its fiber is made of 68D 185T polyester. It is rainproof and can control up to 2000mm of water.
- This tent has vast space and easy accommodation for 2 to 3 persons.
- The inner surface is comfortable and is bug-free.
- It has mesh windows for ventilation.
- It actually contains wires, not poles, and they can bend easily.
- This tent is very easy to set up, but it could be difficult when it comes to packing it up.
Coleman Montana Eight-Person Tent
My son was going camping for the boy scouts. He and his friends decided to have a common camp for themselves, and they were almost seven. It was very difficult for me to find this spacious tent. But thanks to Coleman Montana for Boy Scouts, an 8-person tent.
- Imported piece
- Mounted doors
- Zip for wires to enter
- Dimension: 6 x 7 feet
- Height: 6 foot
- Setup could take 15 minutes
- Storage pockets
- Polyester fabric
This camping system works out well; it is quite huge, and I never camped utilized a tent like this. The fact is it it’s orthodox. It’s just a little confusing when it comes to its setup. But once you insert the poles, you can go ahead easily just by popping it up.
- Its rainfly shelter has a separate pole, and there are also two separate poles for the door. This is a nice feature because it opens just like an average door.
- It has a ventilation system on either side.
- The fly, when attached to the front door, creates a shelter over the tent.
- This is not a free-standing tent; you should insert the poles in the ground.
- This tent is durable but a little expensive. But if you can find so many features in one tent, then this price is reasonable.
- It is available for three seasons, and it can protect you from wind, rain, and summer.
- This tent has a massive space that even ten people can easily accommodate themselves in it.
- It has a bug-free surface.
- You can sleep comfortably in this tent, and you’ll feel at home in it.
- As this tent is huge, it obviously has more parts to arrange. Hence, the setup is slightly complicated and takes some time.
- This tent is heavy because of the various instruments it contains, alongside its large size.
Looking for more tents? Check out these articles
- 4 person
- For warmer weather
- For Bike touring
- Heavy rains
- Best for High winds
- For tall people
- Dome tent
- Instant tent
- For ten people
- For eight people
- Canvas tent
- Basic survival
- For Appalachian trail
Why are tents important for boy scouts?
Tents are necessary for scouts because they have to spend almost 20 to 25 days out of their houses, so these tents work for them as a house. Tents protect them from bad weather.
Which type of tent is perfect for boy scouts?
There are several types of tents available, including trekking and free-standing tents. But for scouts, free-standing tents are best because they are lightweight. Dome-shaped tents are mostly free-standing. They are easy to set. They have two poles, and you just need to fix them. There are also pop-up tents, and you can set them up in just three seconds. Throw the pop-up tent in the air, and it’s ready to use.
How can you protect your tent?
To protect your tent, you need to pack it back with care. Don’t put the tent fabric and poles together in the same bag; it can damage your tent. And don’t let the poles break, as it can ruin your whole set. If you have a tent with a rainfly and seams, check that your seams are perfectly attached. If not, water may enter inside. Place a cloth under your tent so no bug or anything can create a hole in it. If you leave the rainfly open during summer, sun rays may damage the fabric of your tent.
After every tour, make sure to clean your tent with a sponge and cold water. Do not use detergent, dishwasher, or any other thing on it. If it starts raining during camping, don’t pack it wet; let it dry and then pack it. Otherwise, it can spoil the cloth and damage it.
What are the types of tents available in the market?
There are several tents available in the market. Patrol tent is commonly used in boy scout camping. It has a heavy canvas and doesn’t have an attached inner sheet. Hoop tent takes less space on the ground and is wind resistant; they are also a good option for boy scout camping. Dome-shaped tents are light in weight and are among the best boy scout tents; they are spacious and have flexible poles that are almost unbreakable. Bell tents are light in weight and have a pole in the tent’s center; people rarely use them nowadays as dome tents have replaced them.
Which tents are durable?
Coleman dome-shaped tents are durable because of their flexible poles and polyester fiber. They are double-coated, meaning these tents have a double layer of the sheet on them.
How To Choose the Best Tents for Boy Scouts
It is vital to find the best for you if you are investing your money. There are several different brands in the market, but it can get confusing to find the right item for a certain budget. Here is a guide for you so you can select the best tent.
Before buying a tent, you should first know how much space you need. When you are going to buy the house for yourself, first you see whether its size is right for you or not. The same is the case with a tent because it is your temporary house at the time of camping. It is not easy for a boy scout to carry a big tent as he has to carry that on the back. A single or two-person tent is reasonable for boy scouts. But check the tent’s size first to see if it fits all your camping stuff or not.
The tent’s central height should be large, so you can easily stand in it. Cabin shaped tents have significant heights. However, in some vast tents like a dome-shaped one, the center height is not that much.
Three-season tents are readily available. However, four-seasoned tents are expensive and small in size. If you are camping during a storm, then a big ten-person tent is the best option. But in summer conditions, Coleman Cabin Tent is best. Select a tent with a rainfly as it is weatherproof. There are many other tents which are suitable for cold seasons also.
Easy To Muster
Pick a tent that has an easy setup. Dome-shaped tents are easy to set up; you just need two poles to insert and then adjust a rainfly over, and you are done with your tent. Pop-up tents are most convenient; just throw the tent in the air, and in just three seconds, your tent is ready.
Dome-shaped tents are durable. They have flexible and high-quality poles, and they can withstand windy conditions. You should select a plastic trap tent for you as it lasts long. Go for aluminum poles tents as they are reliable. Fiberglass tents, however, break fast. A tent with poles in the door is reliable as its door opens as regular doors; other tent zips may break.
The price of a tent matters a lot. Boy scouts have to go camping for almost 20 days or more, and they hold lots of camps in a year. If you think that a $400 tent is durable and will remain the same for ten years, you are wrong; it’s just a waste of money.
I suggest you go for cheap tents of $100-$200 that last for a few years because even $500 tents would last no longer than five years. If the poles of your tent break, you have to spend money on that, so it’s better to purchase a cheap tent.
It was tough for me to select the best options for you. However, I have described the price, durability, and material of each product. Whenever you’re going to buy a tent, first research it on the internet and read some articles like this one. You would come to know what to look for before buying the best tent for boy scouts.
Once you get to know about the price, check the material of its fabric and poles, which should be aluminum. Check its size and space. Buy your product from a well-known manufacturer because they are more likely to be durable. I hope this article has helped simplify your search!
The Best Tent For Heavy Rains
If you are in a hurry and want to find out what the best tent for heavy rain is, we recommend the ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Tent.
The Best 4 Person Tents of 2021
If you are in a hurry and want to find out what the best 4 person tent is, we recommend the Eureka Copper Canyon LX 6 camping tent.
The Best Tent for High Winds of 2021
If you are in a hurry and want to find out what best tent for high winds is, we recommend the MSR Hubba NX 2-Person Backpacking Tent
The Top Tent Heaters of 2021
If you are in a hurry and want to find out what the best tent heater is, we recommend the Mr. Heater MH12B Buddy Portable Space Heater.
Top Tent for Bike Touring
If you are in a hurry and want to find out what the best tent for bike touring is, we recommend the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL Tent.